Blog Archive

Thursday, January 5, 2012

And how did it all go....well....laughing and tears... but who?



Everyone excited for her first day!




So off she went. Laughing, smiling. Everyone seemed to be happy about today...bitter sweet for me...

This was in front of the lockers. She found them very funny!


It was so cute. She followed Corbin as he walked across these.




Savannah's new teacher emailed me to let me know how she was:


'Hi Julie, I just wanted to let you know that Savannah is doing fine. She has wanted to explore her surroundings a bit today but I think she will do just fine once she gets accustom to the surroundings and routine. Circle time was a little long for her this morning. She got a little restless. So I think if it is ok with you until she gets used to sitting for that length of time I may have her take short breaks and do an activity at a table, then rejoin the group. Let me know what you think. She is laying down right now and thinks that is the funniest thing. Have a great day! I’ll send a note home with her to let you know how the second half went. Thanks!'

This is the library at the school, Corbin loved it!

Her locker that she can sit in!



I was so happy she was laughing and not crying!



And this was the update I sent out after I picked her up


'Well over all she did great. She never napped. But laid there. She ate lunch well and enjoyed the activity tables. The teachers are very nice. She's pooped now and her sisters are putting together a happy first day of school snack surprise with Ninny. I did ok as well. Walmart made serious money from me, I saw 2 friends at the grocery that lent me a shoulder. And some old lady gave Corbin a dollar bc he was so handsome! '

Once we got home, she crashed and slept in my arms as the other kids came in the door to say hi! Then she perked up and was her wild little self!



Now we start over tomorrow. I hope my heart can handle this!!!!

Sometimes after a long day you have to just let go and have a snack!

No comments:

Post a Comment