Blog Archive

Friday, June 1, 2012

Sky Camp

Wow!  What an amazing past 4 days in Colorado. No computer. No phone(at least service anyway). Just the mountains, the river, the land and trees. And to add to all of the glory God placed here for us, a group of people passionate about bringing their families closer to each other and the Lord.     We have had many friends attend Sky Ranch Family camp. We gave had a few try and talk us into another family camp in another state. I think maybe Sky Ranch Family Camp was mentioned to us a few times. However it was not ever a 'you have to go' conversation. I remember responding to some avid family camp friends with, "We can only afford one vacation a year and if I have close to $2000 for that, I'd rather be at the beach or Disney World.", and yes I can do Disney World for my 5 kids in a $2000 budget.     So this was our off year for the beach. So we toyed with what to do. I toyed with Sky Ranch, but never got serious about it. Then my good friend called to say they were going the first week of June. I thought it would be great to spend a week with them!  I called, but the only opening was a new week. The last week of May and it would be 1 day shorter and a lot less money!  Wow. It really seemed like we were meant to come. So we did. And guess what. In no way do I feel like I would rather be any place but Powederhorn Colorado, with my husband and kids.  With camp counselors like ours, Cam, pouring love and the gospel into my kids. With young men like Barron, Ryan and Billy who are cream of the crop cool and in college. Still out knowing what God's purpose and plan are for them and not just believing in Christ, but following Him.  To have a couple mentoring the other 9 couples each day as we begin our mornings is a blessing.  No one really told us we had to come.  But I will be that guy sharing the message of Family Camp.. But listening to His will, that's what got us here!  Blessed by it for sure!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment