Blog Archive

Thursday, April 16, 2015

This past week has been like a flash back of my life as a mother.  With a 12, two 9 year olds, an 8 year old and a 6 year old, life is always moving at a fast pace.  I try hard to slow down at times.  I love a raining bad weather day that shuts us down.  I long for summer to just be with the kids(well, at least the first part of summer).  The days are long, but the years are fast.  It is true.  My little sister is like a remake of my years of 5 under 5.  (well except she is a slacker and is really 4 under the age of 5).  This past week she flew in with her hubs and ditched her 4 kids on my mom and I .  They left to house hunt.  It was a blessing to have little bitties in my house again.  A 2.5 year old that just says yes to everything and a 5 year old that is content playing in the dirt.  My kids loved having them around as well.  Then the 1 year old twins.  Life doesn't get better then smiley drooley kids that are happy just because you pick them up.  The visual of my sister and her husband dragging the kids through multiple airports, loading and unloading people from the car, always having to assist someone in something just brought back a flood of emotions.  I am glad that I was able to do all that for my kids at a young age.  I am so glad that I actually enjoyed it, too.  I was exhausted(I live in that state) but it doesn't seem to matter because I loved and still do love doing for them.  I realized how over time my family, although we do have structure, has become less structured as the kids get older.  Having the little ones in the house last week.. man, they expected a real meal.. and like at a real time!  I forgot how we use to do things.  Our days revolved around our schedule of naps and meals.  Now our meals revolve around our day, and I long for naps!  It is fun to have this glimpse again of life with little bitty kids.  That is all... carry on.,

Sweet 1 year old boys
The 2 oldest visiting Lunch with my twins
 Savannah and Daddy being attacked by a 2.5 year old
 The big boys coming to watch a winning ball game with Corbin
 Corbin loving having '2 baby brothers' for a few days
 Twins playing with twins

No comments:

Post a Comment